The Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report Fall/Winter 2018 was officially announced earlier this month. This seasonal report is basically a colour overview which highlights the most popular colours seen during NY Fashion Week. These colours will be featured in fashion collections for the upcoming season.
See this report as your go to guide for the seasons most important colour trends.
“Striking colour and creative nuances highlight a balance of artistry and comforting classes.” – Pantone
What to expect from the Fall/Winter report
We have definitely fallen in love with the Fall/Winter report which successfully combines classicism with unapologetic expression. Fall/Winter includes a palette of autumnal hues, which is to be unexpected, however these are complimented by the more unexpected shades.
Like previous reports, Fall/Winter highlights the top, not to be missed colours for both men’s and women’s fashion, with an addition to five new classics.
The Fall/Winter 2018 report gives us the opportunity to express our individuality, ingenuity and creativity.
Goodbye cyclical trends…
In the industry there has been a continued theme of breaking away from recurring trends to allow for more expressive and colourful shades that evade antiquated seasonal structure. This is evident from the bolder shades being introduced into the Fall/Winter palette such as Limelight 12-0704 TCX and Crocus Petal 15-3520 TCX. Shades such as these allows the fashion industry to move forward with artistry and originality, completely reinventing the original colour story.
Introducing the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report Fall/Winter 2018…
Without further ado, it’s about time that we introduced the Fall/Winter 2018 palette. We hope you fall in love with the colours as much as we have!
- Red Pear 19-1536 TCX – deep red with luscious depth
- Valiant Poppy 18-1549 TCX – outgoing and brave red gushing in its allure
- Nebulas Blue 18-4048 TCX – a thoughtful starry eyed blue
- Ceylon Yellow 15-0850 TCX – savoury and spicy this yellow adds an exotic touch
- Martini Olive 18-0625 TCX – smooth and sophisticated adding urban depths to the palette
- Russet Orange 16-1255 TCX – earthy and grounded orange
- Ultra Violet 18-3838 TCX – Pantone’s colour of the year 2018
- Crocus Petal 15-3520 TCX – adds a light and airy spring-like feeling to the palette
- Limelight 12-0740 TCX – an animated yellow-green that quickly becomes the centre of attention
- Quetzal Green 18-5025 TCX – a deep and elegant green
If you would like to get your hands on any of these shades, follow the link, scroll to the bottom and click add to basket.
We can’t forget about the Classic Colour Palette
Whilst there is a need for individuality and originality, there will also be a constant need for structure and foundation in everyday fashion. This is where the five core colours come in to play from the classic colour palette.
There will always be trends. Consumers will always be on the hunt for variety in shades and textures of fabric, however these 5 shades are the essential building blocks in anyone’s wardrobe.
- Sargasso Sea 19-4031 TCX – boundless and fathomless
- Tofu 11-4801 TCX – everyone’s creamy white staple
- Almond Buff 14-1116 TCX – natural baby camel hue
- Quiet Grey 14-4107 TCX – inconspicuous but timeless
- Meerkat 16-1438 TCX – toasty and highly adaptable
Again, if you would like to get your hands on any of these shades, follow the link, scroll to the bottom and click add to basket.
If you have any questions about the contents of this blog please do not hesitate to get in touch.